Commonwealth Tourism Webinar; COVID-19 Lockdown: Immediate Responses and Future OpportunitiesMay 14, 2020
As part of CWEIC’s Webinar series this Tourism Webinar brought together with a distinguished panel of Government and business leaders.
This session examined the future strategies available to the tourism and travel industry, including possible substitutes such as domestic travel for larger markets and the leveraging of the Commonwealth network for international coordination in support of the revival of the industry and future growth.
The impact of covid‐19 on tourism in Small Island States
- The Hon Julia Farrugia, Minister for Tourism, Malta
- His Excellency Mohammed Nasheed, Speaker, Maldives
- Mr David Dingle, Chairperson, Carnival Cruises
- Mr Butch Stewart, Chairman, Sandals Resorts
- Mr George Campanellas, Chief Executive, Invest Cyprus
The tourism industry’s response to covid‐19
- Hon Ali Waheed, Minister for Tourism, Maldives
- Dr Jyotsna Suri, Chairperson, Lalit Group
- Mr Sanath Ukwatte, President, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka
- Mr Peter Fearnhead, CEO, African Parks
- Ms Anna Pritchard, Regional General Manager, UKEMEIA, Qantas Airways