Ghana Export-Import Bank
The Ghana Export-Import Bank (GEXIM) was established by The Ghana Export – Import Bank Act, 2016, Act 911 in Ghana.
This Act transformed the Export Trade, Agricultural and Industrial Development Fund (EDAIF), a government agency owned wholly by the government into the Ghana Export – Import Bank.
The main objectives of the Ghana Export – Import Bank are as follows:
- To support and develop, directly or indirectly trade between Ghana and other countries. (The Bank will assist exporters to compete internationally by acting as an intermediary between
- National Governments and exporters by providing export financing facilities to support their oversees activities
- To build Ghana’s capacity and comprehensiveness in the international market-place.
- The Bank has its head office in Accra, the capital of Ghana with four (4) branches sited in Kumasi, Tamale, Takoradi and Ho.
PROJECTS THAT ARE FUNDED OR SUPPORTED BY GEXIM
- Supports Cultivation of Raw materials for Industry such as cashew, oil palm and shea nut
- Support the setup and expansion of Industrial Revitalization/Value Addition in sectors such as pharmaceuticals, salt and industrial starch
- Supports Import Substitution in areas especially of poultry, sugar and rice
- Support Establishment of Industrial Parks and Special Economic Zones; i.e. the creation of enabling environment for the setup of industrial and special economic zones through the provision of necessary infrastructures; i.e, electricity, water and telecommunication. Targeted interventions will be introduced to resolve, where possible, access to land.
- Strategic Anchor Industries – Raw Material base – to support the setup of these industries with backward integration; i.e, the supply of good quality raw materials
- Export Diversification of Non Traditional Export (NTE): the Bank will support this sector with soft credit, asset acquisition, financing and working capital support.
- SME Development – support this sector with soft credit, asset acquisition, financing and working capital support especially in agriculture and agribusiness.
- One District One Factory – the Bank will indirectly be contributing immensely to the success of the Government flagship programme (1D1F)
ADVISORY COUNCIL NOMINEE
Chief Executive OfficerGhana Export-Import Bank