Helios Investment Partners named Firm of the Year in Africa
CWEIC Board member, Babatunde Soyoye, Managing Partner of Helios Investment Partners has been named “Firm of the Year in Africa” in the Private Equity International Awards for the second year in a row.
In 2020, Helios:
- Became the largest emerging markets-focused private equity firm, and second mainstream private equity firm globally, to receive B Corp certification. B Corp status recognizes the firm’s long-standing commitment to sustainability and responsible business practices
- Invested in Thunes, a market leading payments network providing interconnectivity between payment companies and methods across emerging markets to facilitate cross-border payments
- Launched Africa Specialty Risk Group, a reinsurance business focused on writing corporate and specialty risk across Africa
- Closed a transformational business combination with Fairfax Africa Holdings
- Hired Phil Davis as Director of ESG in the Portfolio Operations Group