Commonwealth Legal Network WebinarOctober 27, 2020
Earlier today CWEIC hosted a webinar focused on the legal sector which convened law firms from across the Commonwealth.
Chaired by Mr Olasupo Shasore, SAN, FCIARB, Chair, CWEIC Nigeria Advisory Council and Partner, Africa Law Practice NG & Company, the overall objective of this virtual event was to establish a Commonwealth Legal Network that will provide businesses with a safe network of CWEIC member law firms to assist them in new markets. It will also be an opportunity to for law firms to find partners in other jurisdictions.
The Commonwealth’s shared history, culture and similar business practices and procedures – including legal systems based on Common Law, are calculated to make doing business between Commonwealth countries 19% cheaper.
- Nana Adjoa Hackman, Managing Partner, Africa Legal Associates (Ghana)
- Adam Rose, Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLC (United Kingdom)
- Nicolas Constantinides, Partner, Tassos Papadopoulos & Associates LLC (Cyprus)
- Ben Cohen, Managing Partner, Bartley Cohen (Australia)
- Syed Naqiz Shahabuddin, Senior Partner, Naqiz & Partners (Malaysia)
- Costas Katsaros, Founding Partner, Emilianides Katsaros LLC (Cyprus)
- Michael Sippitt, Chairman, Clarkslegal LLP (United Kingdom)
Click here to watch a recording of the session.