CWEIC Webinar CalendarJuly 2, 2020
On Tuesday, CWEIC launched our Commonwealth Leadership Webinar Series with a fintech focused webinar featuring former UK Prime Minister David Cameron and a panel of industry experts.
In order to equip members with the knowledge and tools to navigate this crisis, we are hosting a series of webinars with senior government and business leaders alongside industry experts. Through this extended period of uncertainty, CWEIC remains committed to providing our Strategic Partners with a network to support their businesses across the Commonwealth.
Upcoming Webinars as part of the Leadership series include:
Focus on Rwanda: Thursday 09 July
Join CWEIC for a webinar, in partnership with the Government of Rwanda, to learn how Rwanda emerged as a model of excellence in its pandemic response, and to understand how the Commonwealth’s newest member is contributing to Africa’s emergence as a global powerhouse in the post covid 19 global economic reset – click here to register.
- Hon Soraya Hakuziyaremye, Minister of Trade, Rwanda
- Hon Clare Akamanzi, CEO, Rwanda Development Board
- Samantha Cohen CVO, Chief Executive, CWEIC
- HE Yamina Karitanyi, Rwanda’s High Commissioner to the UK
Focus on Nigeria: Tuesday 14 July
CWEIC, in partnership with Novare Equity Partners, will be organising a focussed discussion around the opportunities and issues facing Africa’s biggest economy and most populous nation. Participants will also have access to specially commissioned research from Sir Lynton Crosby’s C|T Group – click here to register.
- HE Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Hon Otunba Richard Adeniyi Adebayo, Minister of Trade & Investment, Nigeria
- Ms Yewande Sadiku, Executive Secretary/CEO, Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission
- Mr Derrick Roper, Managing Director, Novare Equity Partners
Past Webinars have included member-only interactive sessions with the Lord Mayor of the City of London and former Governor of the Bank of England Lord King, as well as sector-focused webinars on healthcare, tourism and fintech.
01 July 2020: Innovation in Fintech: The Opportunity for Corporate Liquidity & Growth
CWEIC launched our Commonwealth Leadership Webinar series with former UK Prime Minister the Rt Hon David Cameron, former Foreign Minister of Australia Julie Bishop, and industry experts, to explore how fintech innovations can assist established companies across the emerging and developed world support new products, strengthen their financial positions, and increase their capital base. Speakers included:
- Rt Hon David Cameron, Former Prime Minister, UK
- The Hon Julie Bishop, Former Foreign Minister, Australia
- Lex Greensill CBE, Founder, Greensill Capital
- Vuyani Jarana, Chairman of Mobax Group and Former CEO of South African Airways & Vodacom Business
- Razia Khan, Managing Director, Chief Economist, Africa and Middle East, Standard Chartered Bank
04 June 2020: The Commonwealth, Covid‐19 and the City’s Response; A Conversation with the Lord Mayor of London
We were delighted to invite CWEIC members for an interactive webinar discussion on The Commonwealth, Covid‐19 and the City’s Response, with Alderman William Russell, The Rt Hon the Lord Mayor of London, UK.
26 May 2020: Fintech and mobile payments: a game changer for financial inclusion post covid-19?
This insightful panel discussion brought together fintech leaders to discuss how developments in fintech and the necessity for such innovation will impact financial inclusion efforts. Panelists include:
- Lucy Demery, Global Head of Fintech Banking, Standard Chartered
- Albert Maasland, Chief Executive, Crown Agents Bank
- Michael Kent, Chairman, Azimo
- Myles Hagan, Head of Channels, Universal Merchant Bank
- Ashraf Sabry, CEO, Fawry
19 May 2020 – The Impact of Covid-19 on the Tourism Sector across the Commonwealth: Immediate Responses and Future Opportunities
This webinar, examined the future strategies available to the tourism and travel industry, including possible substitutes such as domestic travel for larger markets and the leveraging of the Commonwealth network for international coordination in support of the revival of the industry and future growth.
The impact of covid‐19 on tourism in Small Island States
- The Hon Julia Farrugia, Minister for Tourism, Malta
- His Excellency Mohammed Nasheed, Speaker, Maldives
- Mr David Dingle, Chairperson, Carnival Cruises
- Mr Butch Stewart, Chairman, Sandals Resorts
- Mr George Campanellas, Chief Executive, Invest Cyprus
The tourism industry’s response to covid‐19
- Hon Ali Waheed, Minister for Tourism, Maldives
- Dr Jyotsna Suri, Chairperson, Lalit Group
- Mr Sanath Ukwatte, President, The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka
- Mr Peter Fearnhead, CEO, African Parks
- Ms Anna Pritchard, Regional General Manager, UKEMEIA, Qantas Airways
14 May 2020 – Designing Appropriate Economic Policies after Covid-19 with Lord King
CWEIC were delighted to host Lord King of Lothbury, Former Governor of the Bank of England (2003 to 2013) and Chairman of the Monetary Policy Committee, for members-only interactive webinar session on “Radical Uncertainty” and designing appropriate economic policies after Covid-19.
07 May 2020 – The Healthcare Industry’s response to COVID-19: from PPE procurement to tech innovation.
This webinar explored the wide-ranging response of healthcare industries to Covid-19 and how businesses can support Governments in the response. Panelists included;
- Hon Chris Fearne, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Health, Malta
- Mohammed Amersi, Founder, Amersi Foundation
- Dr Emad El Dukair, CEO, InterHealth Canada
- Dr John Parry, Clinical Director, TPP
- Prof Vajira Dissanayake MBBS, Chairman, Commonwealth Centre for Digital Health
- Percy Asare Ansah, CEO, Premier Health Insurance
30 April 2020 – A discussion with Sir Lynton Crosby
CWEIC launched the first of its weekly Webinar series with Sir Lynton Crosby Founder of C|T Group providing an update to CWEIC members on the his latest COVID-19 research, giving unique insights into public opinions of government’s responses and the concerns, spending habits and expectations of consumers in the UK, US, Australia and India.