The Cameroon Water Utilities Corporation (CAMWATER) is a public capital company under supervision of the Minister for Water and Energy and under the financial control of the Ministry of Finance.
CAMWATER’s corporate purpose is the management, on behalf of the State, of the assets and rights allocated to the public drinking water service in urban and semi-urban areas. As such, its mission is:
- Planning, carrying out studies, project management, research and management of financing for all the infrastructures and works necessary for the capture, production, transport and storage, distribution of potable water;
- The construction, maintenance and management of infrastructures for the production, storage and transport of drinking water;
- The control and quality of the operation of the public service for the distribution of drinking water and the other missions entrusted to the companies in charge of the operation of the public service of drinking water;
- In cooperation with operating companies, information and sensitization of users of the public drinking water service and that of liquid sanitation in urban and peri-urban areas;
- And generally, all commercial, industrial, securities, real estate and financial operations which relate, directly or indirectly, to the objects defined above or which are likely to promote their development.
ADVISORY COUNCIL NOMINEE
General Manager (CEO)CAMWATER