Port Authority of Kribi
The Port Authority of Kribi, abbreviated as “PAK”, is a public capital company, whose main mission is to ensure the management, promotion and marketing of the port of Kribi.
The port is strategically located in the heart of the Gulf of Guinea, at the crossroads between Western and Southern Africa, with the Atlantic Ocean as its seashore waters.
Thanks to its top-notch infrastructures, including quays founded at a depth of -16 meters, the port of Kribi is capable of accommodating ships of unprecedented scale in West and Central Africa.
The port of Kribi also has modern and high-performance tools, particularly in terms of navigation aid and handling. In accordance with the Cameroon’s national port legislative and regulatory framework, private operators with an internationally recognized reputation and expertise have been hired to ensure the quality of the services provided.
The combination of the quality of the infrastructures and the know-how of the operators should guarantee, for ships and goods passing through this 3rd generation port, a service that meets the highest international standards.
Adjoining the port of Kribi is an industrial zone under development on 15 000 hectares of land reserve, and having as priority sectors: logistics, cocoa processing, coffee processing, palm oil processing, wood processing, cotton processing, rubber processing, steel industry, cement manufacturing and assembling. These sectors are in alignment with Cameroon’s National Development Strategy, a key factor for securing support from public authorities.
The PAK is constantly seeking strategies to attract investment into those sectors among which include, the private and public financing initiative. The said initiative launched in December 2022, provides a platform where investors can find projects to invest in and business owners can obtain funding from internationally renowned financial partners.
Through its deep seaport, the PAK has for vision to make the port of Kribi a reference in the Gulf of Guinea, fundamental to the economic growth and diversification of the nation and sub-region.
Specifically, the port of Kribi is made up of the following facilities:
- A container terminal with 350 linear meters with a draught of 16m. The terminal has a surface area of 13 hectares land, two STS quay gantries with a lifting capacity of 61 tons and 05 RTG park gantries;
- A multipurpose terminal with 265 linear meters of quay with a draught of 16m. The terminal has a surface area of 10 hectares, 2 mobile RMG cranes of 40 and 25 tons of lifting capacity;
- A 1355 meters breakwater ;
- As from 2024, with the completion of the construction of the second phase of the port on 30 hectares of land, an additional quay of 700 linear meters with a draught of 16 m, 5 STS gantries and 15 RTG gantries will be available;
- 02 offshore oil terminals for the exportation of Cameroon and Chad oil;
- 01 offshore gas terminal (floating gas liquefaction plant) for the liquefaction and export of the produced gas.
ADVISORY COUNCIL NOMINEE
Patrice Barthélémy MELOM
General ManagerPort Authority of Kribi